Our Best Candle Care Tips
We’ve created this guide to help you understand the best way to care for your candles, so each one reaches its maximum potential.
With our handy guide, we hope that you will be able to enjoy your candles without worrying about them!
As you may know, candles come in a variety of shapes, sizes, colors, smells, and styles.
Candles are a great way to set the mood, create ambiance, or just make your home smell more welcoming.
They can also be used in rituals, as they’ve been around for centuries!
However, you might not know that candles need special care.
Candle Care Best Practices Guide:
- They shouldn’t be left unattended. Ever! They need your supervision, especially when children are around.
- Try to burn for 1-2+ hours each time you light the candle, but not longer than 4 hours. This will help the candle burn evenly.
- They shouldn’t ever be placed near curtains, furniture or any fabric that could ignite from the flaming wax or wicks.
- Candles should never touch each other, including on a container or on a plate, as they can catch fire.
- Keeping the wick trimmed can help make it work better and longer.
- Candles should be placed in a safe, sturdy, stable area that’s not near any other flammables.
- Don’t ever carry them when lit as they can be dropped, broken and start a fire.
- Candles need to have an adequate supply of oxygen for hours of enjoyment.
Tea House Candle Loves Candles
You now know what you need to do to make them function at their best and full potential.
For more information or any questions about candle care, please feel free to send us a message anytime!
Also feel free to check out our Tea House Candle Shop, with all our tea scented and inspired candles.
We hope that our guide has helped you understand how best to care for your candle babies!